In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Database Administrator to support a Department of Homeland Security Client in the Arlington, VA area.
- Be a part of a fast-moving team, working with the latest data tools and technologies
- Manage and maintain backend database systems to meet database uptime and performance
- Provide DB support to development teams during the development phase
- Define & Implement DB architecture to support new application development
- Fine tune database configurations to improve performance
- Troubleshoot & resolve Database performance issues to meet SLAs
- Automate database maintenance tasks and routines
- Provide operational support to satisfy internal reporting/data requests
- Safeguarding of company confidential data through appropriate IT security
- Optimize queries, stored procedure and database design
- Assists in developing and implementing best practices for DR and Backups
- Assists in Defining and implementing maintenance plan for the database system
- Solid understanding of query execution plans
- Good to have exposure on cross platform migration preferably Oracle to Postgre SQL
- PostgresSQL database administration supporting a PostGIS geospatial environment
- Database management connected to Geospatial, ESRI, ArcGis and GeoServer environments
- SQL expertise with ANSI standard SQL and advanced PSQL capabilities
- Create or maintain updates of scripting languages including shell scripting
- Ensure database performance and availability by monitoring space, CPU usage, fragmentation of data and by tuning queries, etc.
- Available to support production environment migrations with advance notice
- Active Top Secret Clearance require
- BS. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Strong DBMS fundamentals and concepts
- Familiarity with relational engines like PostgreSQL 9.4, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL
- Strong expertise in writing and optimizing SQL code
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively
- Used programming languages and/or shell scripting (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working with Cloud Database offerings like AWS RDS
- PostgreSQL 9.4+ experience required
- Knowledge of Amazon DMS and redshift is a huge plus
- Experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of command line and server administration
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.