|Title:||Mid Level IT Security Specialist - XACTA|
In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated IT Security Specialist to bring onto our team to work alongside with and help support the Department of Homeland Security in the Arlington, VA area.Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, coordinating, and implementing of the organization's information security program
- Provide support by facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure, define their future programs, and design and implement security, related to IT systems
- Oversee the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements
- Be responsible for implementation and development of DHS IT security processes and policies
- Gather and organize technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena
- Perform risk analyses, which also includes risk assessment
- Working knowledge of the following areas is required: understanding of business security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology
- Pull data from the system and produce results and recommendations
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain DHS suitability
- 5 years of experience in IT security
- B.S. degree in a related field - B.S. degree may be substituted for five (5) additional years of IT Security related experience
- 2 years of experience with FISMA
- Demonstrated experience using XACTA
- Experience serving as an Information Systems Security Officer
- Some travel required around the Arlington area
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.