|Title:||Information System Security Officer|
In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Information System Security Officer to bring onto our team to work alongside with and help support the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, VA.Responsibilities:
- Understand technical configurations of IT system components, system boundaries, and maintaining several types of system inventories critical for maintaining an ATO accreditation
- Execute security authorization activities to support the accreditation of the system(s) and related continuous monitoring
- Experience with Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM)
- Develop and present, both verbally and in writing, technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Understand all NIST SP 800 series to include the NIST 800-53A, Rev 4, and maintaining an IT system security state to this set of guidance
- Monitor the implementation of and compliance with the DHS 4300A Sensitive Systems Policy and the DHS 4300B National Security System Policy standards within DHS
- Knowledge of Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tools and how to use them to produce a “big picture” security-state of an information system to include scanning tools such Nessus, Retina, STIGViewer and USGCB plug-ins
- Experience in receiving and maintaining an IT system’s Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Active DHS Suitability is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3-5+ years of experience serving as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - Experience as the ISSO for DHS IT Systems is a plus
- Experience with developing system-level plans as they relate to a security path such as Configuration Management, Contingency Plans, Operating Procedures, and executing Program Objectives and/or Milestones (POA&M)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Security+, and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a plus
- Familiarity with the Federal Information Security Act (FISMA) and DHS security policies
- Experience in IT systems life cycle management
- Some telework may be possible
- Minimal travel - One trip per quarter to Tennessee
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.