In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a Data Scientist to service as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to for our client’s Information Technology Operations Center (ITOC) visualizations.
- Prepare data for use and create visualizations for the data extracted with the help of Tableau.
- Collect and process large volumes of data in various formats, structured and unstructured.
- Establish connections to Data Sources.
- Add or Create Dimensions, Measures and Calculations.
- Perform Data Modeling in Tableau Desktop.
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data by analyzing it.
- Develop Workbooks and Hyper Extracts on Tableau Desktop.
- Design dashboards.
- Manage Tableau Server.
- Manage big data.
- Twist SQL queries for improving performances.
- Examine glitches in business processes and resolve them.
- Build prototypes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in support of a critical mission requirements.
- Collaborate in a rapid feedback environment to deliver process improvements to the end user.
- Use critical thinking and a variety of software tools and languages to tackle new challenges.
- Provide Data analytics, data modeling, data correlation/ integration and data visualization (e.g., metrics and dashboards using leading Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau and ServiceNow report function.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Integrate multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/ business applications into a near, real-time dashboard (heads up display) for use in troubleshooting and the presentation of situational awareness briefings to executive staff.
- Ability to utilize pre-built dashboards/add-ons within the system as well as be able to create custom dashboards and search queries to meet the ITOC needs.
- Provide recommendations/action plans for incorporating new data streams to present additional visualizations.
- Perform technical knowledge transfer to government and military personnel to enable them to create independent dashboards and data ingestion streams within the system.
- Active/current TS/SCI with CI-Poly or ability to pass a CI-Poly required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/ or experience.
- Ten years of specialized experience in software engineering.
- DoD and IC experience desired.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Must be proficient Tableau.
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.