|Title:||IT Technical Writer|
|Location:||MS2 (MD), Bolling Air Force Base (JBAB) (DC), Reston (VA)|
In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Technical Writer. The candidate must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Write and edit; Concepts of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, Functional Test Plans and User Manuals, System Installation Procedures, System Administration Guides for Defense Intelligence Agency in an agile environment.
- Provide technical writing expertise supporting our client as it acts as the innovation engine for DIA CIO; leveraging commercial technology and best practices and applying them to the Intelligence and DoD Enterprise.
- Assist the client with the identification, analysis, and clarification of requirements; assessment and maintenance of an accurate baseline of the DIA’s community's current capabilities; management and enhancement of distributed labs baselines; identification of potential commercial solutions and strategies.
- Assist in facilitating Technical Exchange Meetings, Management Reviews and assist Task Order Lead with program support.
- Analyze requirements, develop source materials, and consult engineers, editors, and illustrators while preparing technical documents.
- Prepare interview questions and conduct interviews with both Technical Developers and Mission Partners (end users).
- Organize and translate information into clearly written documentation.
- Attend relevant technical meetings and perform assigned tasks as required.
- Organize and create technical documents from notes, meeting minutes, and whiteboarding sessions.
- Support DIA in the execution of its mission to accelerate the identification, introduction and rapid deployment of emerging and advanced technologies and standards.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance and able to pass Counter Intelligence polygraph.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience in Technical Writing.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/or experience with a master's degree or advanced training in Business Administration.
- Experience in collecting and clarifying technical information
- Skilled at reviewing and editing written documentation to improve clarity
- Understanding of Information Technology concepts and ability to translate information into clearly written documents
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and innovative concepts preferred
- Travel may be required inside the Washington National Capital Region (NCR).
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.