In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be “a” place to work, but to be “the” place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Journeyman Computer Network Architect to bring onto our team to work alongside with and help support the team remotely.
The Network Support Specialist shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Support and operate Software-Defined Wide Area Networks (SD-WAN) sites
- Support and operate the network operations Netscaler based load balancing systems
- Support and maintain network equipment and configuration (routers and routing)
- Manage the LAN/WAN routing protocol between the routers and perform port management, network capacity management (including planning and trending)
- Migrate the GSA Enterprise LAN, including the Regional Office Buildings, Datacenter, and Field Offices, to a Software Defined Network (SDN) architecture with end-to-end segmentation to support a Zero Trust Network environment
- Utilize network orchestration tools and techniques to facilitate automated and consistent configurations, management, testing, deployment, and operations of physical and virtual devices within the network
- Manage status, errors, and inbound and outbound traffic statistics of all routing interfaces, bandwidth utilization, and errors of all inbound and outbound LAN/WAN circuits
- Monitor Internet access and identify/resolve interruptions to the Internet service
- Perform VPN administration, including remote access and site to site, including monthly audits, anti-virus updates, firewall management, host-based intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention system management.
- Escalate issues to vendor and third-party entities, as necessary and directed by the Government.
- Produce knowledge base articles and SOPs
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 – 9 years of experience or 8 - 14 years of relevant experience.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- A Public Trust will need to be obtained
- Proficient in configuring the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and Static routes.
- Proficient with SD-WAN architectures to include Cisco (Viptella), VMware (VeloCloud), and Citrix
- Experience with Firepower Management Center (FMC) to manage NextGen Cisco ASA Firewalls running Firepower services for layer 7 inspection.
- Design network architecture for Software Design Access / Software Defined Networks, utilizing Cisco DNA Center.
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Experience supporting industry standard software products
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled
- Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Active Directory, Windows, ServiceNow, Network Monitoring Systems (Solarwinds), Cisco Prime, LAN/WAN control protocols
- ITILv4 Foundation certification
- Security+ certification
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.