In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be "a" place to work, but to be "the" place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated DevOps Engineer to support the Defense Intelligence Agency's (DIA) Program Management Office for a complex, state of the art, enterprise information technology system.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the MARS Program on cloud service architecture, DevOps and System Engineering practices.
- Analyze, execute, streamline and automate DevOps processes with the right tools and technologies for a given requirement.
- Provide recommendations for DevOps/Agile process improvements and efficiencies.
- Aid the customer in leveraging DevOps/Agile principles to define capability roadmaps, cloud architecture, solution alternatives, and recommendations.
- Develop agile business transformation tools and processes by adopting to DevOps methodologies.
- Implement DevOps processes using Infrastructure as Code (IaC); architect solutions on cloud platforms leveraging Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines; conduct configuration management activities using state of the art tools and services (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Anisble, Terraform, Kubernetes); monitor the cloud resources performance; and optimize cloud resource costs.
- Research industry best practices to build secure, reliable, scalable, and highly available services using cloud services and open-source data frameworks.
- Identify automation opportunities to improve efficiencies in otherwise time-consuming data operations involving large datasets.·
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI and be able to pass a CI Poly.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in cloud engineering or related field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/or experience with a Master's degree or advanced training in information technology.
- Experience setting up AWS infrastructure, VCPs, and security user groups and roles.
- Strong experiences with multiple AWS services IIAM, Cloud Formation/Formation Templates, CloudWatch, ECS, Lamda, …).
- Deep understanding and hands-on knowledge of AWS technologies such as:
- Implementing high availability and fault tolerance
- CloudFront and Edge locations
- Compute services using EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, EKS, ECS
- Data services using S3, EBS, EFS
- Databases such as RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, RedShift,
- Real time data analytics using data streams such as Kinesis
- Setting up, configuring and using Snowball devices for both compute and data
- Security configurations using IAM, Security Groups, NACL, WAF, PKI, ACM, KMS, CloudHSM
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in AWS architecture
- Familiarity with DevOps Tools such as: CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, etc
- Familiarity with containers and container management frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experiences with CI tools
- Relevant technical Skills (e.g. scripting, Python, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with customer, team, and leadership.
- AWS Certifications or other cloud certifications
- Deep understanding of AWS architecture
- Ability to employ problem solving techniques to unique situations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.