|Title:||Software Systems Architect|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland|
- Derive and maintain a cohesive program software architecture based on customer requirements, customer interactions, subject matter expert inputs, system architecture artifacts, and business objectives
- Assess software architecture goodness based on CMU SEI software architecture principles – including the application of quality attribute analysis and architecture tactics analysis
- Document program software architecture using standard UML artifacts in No Magic Cameo and MagicDraw tools
- Communicate architecture concepts to software developers, program management, and customer representatives in written form, during meetings, and as part of program milestone events
- Review software team artifacts – including sprint plans, detailed designs, and code – to ensure compliance with chosen architecture tactics
- Create software architecture inputs to service oriented component design activities, including inter-component service definitions and inter-component interaction sequences
- Work with system engineering personnel to assess requirements, and to ensure consistency between system architecture and software architecture
- Work independently as a contributing member to multiple software sprint teams, and as a guide/mentor for a small team of software architect personnel
- Use Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket collaboration and source control tools to communicate information
- Plan and estimate software architecture related tasks
- Support creation and updating of program milestone briefings and documents, including PDR and CDR
- Participate in design reviews, sprint planning/estimating, release planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Expert in documenting software architecture and design using UML
- Experience with Cameo and/or MagicDraw
- Agile Software development experience
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket; Experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OSGi
- Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services
- Experience designing and building network communication software using TCP/IP
- Experience in User Interface development technologies such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
- Experience analyzing software architectures using CMU SEI approaches
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220
- Experience in C++ and JNI
- Good understanding of concurrency (C++ threading models and patterns)
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155)
- Familiarity with both SINCGARS and IP waveforms (SRW, ANW/2)
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.