|Title:||Systems Safety Engineer|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland|
- Applies knowledge, tactics and principles of safety engineering as defined in MIL-STD-882 and Joint Software System Safety Handbook
- Develops requirements and designs, assess implementations for hazard and causal factors to satisfy critical system safety objectives
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military weapons systems
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation
- Familiar with architecture (DoDAF), requirements (INCOSE) and interface artifacts for complex software systems
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management
- Experience working in a CMMI environment
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated strong background in Safety Engineering and application of Safety Standards (MIL-STD-882; Joint Software System Safety Handbook)
- Safety engineering experience on a computer system for weapons control
- Hazard and Causal factor analysis
- Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel
- Experience in authoring documents (SAR, SSPP, reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran