|Title:||Software Engineer II|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland|
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java
- Work independently as a contributing member of Agile Sprint Team
- Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration, and source control tools
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Develop maintainable code that matches specifications
- Participate in sprint planning, estimating, release planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
- Bachelors degree in related technical field and 4-8 years prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. May substitute BS degree for 4 additional years of experience.
- Agile software development experience
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Stash-Git/Subversion
- Knowledge of automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience with object oriented analysis, design and programming
- Understanding of how to design and build web services, including REST-based services
- Ability to develop applications using network sockets
- Experience serializing data structures using JSON or SML for communication with web clients
- Background in using pub/sub message queues, such as 0MQ
- Practice with EUser Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SOAP based web service technologies, including WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, XML, XSD, and XSLT
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
- Understanding of MIL-STD-188-220
- Competent in C++ and JNI
- Knowledge of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155 )
- Familiarity with both SINCGARS and IP waveforms (SRW, ANW/2)
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.