In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be “a” place to work, but to be “the” place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Systems Analyst to assist DIA’s Chief Information Officer (CIO-4) oversee and manage the development and integration of a complex, state of the art, enterprise information technology system.
- Must be customer service oriented, have strong team and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, when required
- Meets with applicable components to identify, assess, document, and review business requirements
- Works with the development team to ensure that they understand the requirements
- Participates in data analysis as it pertains to issues and gaps
- Creates and maintains all applicable documentation
- Communicates changes to various levels
- Provides technical and business support of system end users
- Creates Requirements Documents
- Maintains Requirement traceability
- Translates business requirement to functional requirement and support IT design questions against the requirements
- Enters project issues and keeps status current, as related to requirements and overall scope
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI and be able to pass a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years experience (4 years with Master's Degree). Four additional years of related experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
- Business Analyst experience.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall and incremental lifecycles.
- Ability to translate requirement concepts between business and technical personnel
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills - clear and concise writing and oral skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information
- Ability to work independently and multi-task / managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience creating detailed test cases / scripts
- Proven experience writing Business Requirements and Functional Requirements on a large enterprise-wide project
- Proven experience working with both IT and Business users in the development of a new process/functionality
- Proven experience developing Business Process Maps
- Proven experience facilitating a Business Requirements session with at least 12 participants, with at least 6 from a non-IT department
- Experience using MS Office tools to include Visio
- Ability to test project requirements
- Ability to analyze and write Scope Change requests as related to changes to requirements
- Experience using MS Project to define and track the Requirements Gathering part of a project
- Must be able to meet deadlines consistently with high quality products.
Preferred Qualifications (Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
Experience with Atlassian tools, JIRA and collaboration tools like Confluence Wiki
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.