ASET Partners is looking for a Project Systems Engineer to complement a 15-person team responsible for the oversight of IT program operations on behalf of a federal civilian agency. The team monitors IT service providers for compliance with contractual operational parameters as established by various contracts. You will be responsible supporting validation and verification of the planning, requirements analysis, engineering, design, development, testing, certification, and implementation of new and enhanced systems. You will interface with professionals from the Government PMO, contracting office, various stakeholder groups, and management, acquisitions, budget, engineering, enterprise architecture, security, and configuration management professionals.
â–ª Support all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process for all IT infrastructure projects.
â–ª Verify and validate program engineering, design, development, and testing of new and enhanced functional applications and/or systems being proposed and/or approved for incorporation into program service delivery mechanisms.
â–ª Provide technical implementation expertise in the design, development, and governance of Service Oriented Architectures, Web-Oriented Architectures, and Managed Hosting and Cloud Computing Architectures.
â–ª Ensure that each proposed and/or approved solution is properly developed to align and integrate with existing services, products, processes and solutions.
â–ª Document and consolidate all changes made or in-progress to existing, proposed, prototype, and approved baselines in fielding or building system release versions of hardware and software system components, versions, releases, and test configurations.
â–ª Ensure information security requirements are specified in all projects, participate in the development of Security Authorization (SA) activity planning and execution, and provide information security engineering guidance throughout all phases of a project and perform reviews of independent scanning and testing of implemented security controls.
Skills & Requirements
â–ª At least 10 years of systems engineering related project development and management
â–ª Knowledge of current and planned industry systems trends and analysis Desired Skills
â–ª Works well in small to large teams â–ª Presents well formulated recommendations to task area leads
â–ª Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience advising Government PMOs
â–ª Excellent knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
â–ª Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
â–ª Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.