|Location:||MS2 (MD), Bolling Air Force Base (JBAB) (DC), Reston (VA)|
In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be “a” place to work, but to be “the” place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated software engineer to work in an extreme programming environment to automate and refine existing mission processes quickly.
- Be a part of a software development team building big data prototypes on AWS in support of a critical mission requirement.
- Use critical thinking and a variety of software tools and languages to tackle new challenges each day.
- Interact in a collaborative rapid feedback environment to deliver process improvements to the end user. Strong collaboration and communication skills are required in this environment. Frequent interaction between the analysts and engineers is key in this opportunity.
- Experience collecting and processing large volumes of data in various formats, structured and unstructured.
- Ability to understand and translate technical jargon to mission-users.
- Active TS/SCI with the ability to pass CI-Poly.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related major from an accredited university.
- Cloud technologies awareness
- Experience in full stack application development using Java or Groovy (mid-level and senior positions available)
- Experience interrogating various data stores, such as Accumulo, MongoDB, MySQL, and Oracle a plus.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages like Python or Perl a plus.
- Experience with search technologies such as ElasticSearch, Solr, and Lucene a plus.
- Experience sharing and disseminating search results using tools such as AngularJS, JQuery, Grails, Java, and REST web services a plus.
- Experience creating MapReduce jobs to process large amounts of data with Hadoop and other Hadoop Components – HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm, etc. a plus. (Cloudera experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience creating data models to translate data in various formats for ingestion into an enterprise data store
- Extreme Programming techniques. Proven experience with the technique is a plus.
- Experience with maintaining continuous test and deployment environments to support rapid application development.
- Strong knowledge of software best practices to enhance the security posture of the application.
- Experience in creating dynamic and static data visualizations desired.
- Experience in Data Science (professionally or academically) desired.
- Experience with mission intelligence desired.
- Travel may be required inside the Washington National Capital Region (NCR).
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.