|Title:||Senior Software Engineer (Remote)|
ASET Partners is building a next-generation data analytics platform that supports the Department of Homeland Security's mission to safeguard national critical infrastructure. As a senior software engineer, you'll join a small team that's dedicated to designing cloud-native software and writing production-grade code that's testable and maintainable. You'll play a key role in the efforts to architect, build, deploy, and maintain critical components of the platform as a whole.
We're looking for talented engineers with proficiency in Python and Go that are intimately familiar with modern cloud-native software design and are passionate about writing testable, maintainable, and clean code.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with the team to architect and build the software systems that runs the platform
* Write tests and clean, maintainable code, identifying and implementing appropriate software design patterns to solve problems
* Follow modern test-driven development practices
* Build and deploy container images to our Kubernetes cluster following modern SRE principles
* Actively participate in code reviews, critically reviewing and providing feedback
* Be part of the mentoring team responsible for the direction and continued growth of junior team members
What you'll bring:
* 7+ years of experience designing cloud-native software in Python and/or Go
* Strong Linux background
* Fundamental git workflows (feature branches, rebasing, tagging)
* A Strong grasp of SQL-oriented data stores (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
* An understanding of the fundamentals of decoupled service design (REST APIs, gRPC)
* An advocacy for Test-driven / behavior-driven development
* Experience designing cloud-native software (secret management, configuration management, decoupled design, high availability, self healing, load balancing, storage, zero-downtime deployments)
* Expertise with release management and container technology
* Experience with Django
* Windows Server experience
* Expertise with AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Airflow, geospatial tools and software (ArcGIS, GeoServer), data science fundamentalsASET Snapshot:
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including: health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.